At Lalor North Primary School, we believe that all children have the right to feel safe as well as be safe and protected. Our school has policies, procedures and practices to keep children safe. The following Lalor North Primary School Policy documents are related to the child safety:
- Child Safety and Wellbeing · pdf/191kB
- Child Safety and Code of Conduct · pdf/118kB
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Obligations and Procedures · pdf/159kB
- Complaints Policy · pdf/153kB
- Digital Learning Policy · pdf/179kB
- Visitors Policy · pdf/163kB
- Volunteers Policy · pdf/186kB
- Yard Duty & Supervision of Students Policy · pdf/159kB
- Bullying Prevention Policy · pdf/176kB
There are eleven Child Safe Standards:
- Standard 1: Culturally safe environments – Establish a culturally safe environment in which the diverse and unique identities and experiences of Aboriginal children and young people are respected and valued.
- Standard 2: Leadership, governance and culture – Ensure that child safety and wellbeing are embedded in school leadership, governance and culture.
- Standard 3: Child and student empowerment – Children and young people are empowered about their rights, participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
- Standard 4: Family engagement – Families and communities are informed and involved in promoting child safety and wellbeing.
- Standard 5: Diversity and equity – Equity is upheld and diverse needs are respected in policy and practice.
- Standard 6: Suitable staff and volunteers – People working with children and young people are suitable and supported to reflect child safety and wellbeing values in practice.
- Standard 7: Child-focused complaints processes – Ensure that processes for complaints and concerns are child focused.
- Standard 8: Child safety knowledge, skills and awareness – Staff and volunteers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children and young people safe through ongoing education and training.
- Standard 9: Physical and online environments – Physical and online environments promote safety and wellbeing while minimising the opportunity for children and young people to be harmed.
- Standard 10: Review of child safety practices - Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is regularly reviewed and improved.
- Standard 11: Implementation of child safety practices – Policies and procedures that document how schools are safe for children, young people and students.
Further information about child Safe Standards is available from the Department of Education website